Tuesday, February 23, 2010

It's in the genes

All gazillion of them.

Prancing about my room the banana brown beetles knock themselves out. Light is nice to the beetle... though lethal. Yeah, what to do... it's in their genes right.

Yes, and it's in my genes too or rather an interplay between my genes and environment.
Something inspired a thought in me today... what is the clearest personification of my identity? What am I now that I have always had since I was born and will continue on till the day I die?

Manifested by every cell in my body. If ever I have a soul or essence, it must be made of deoxyribonucleic acids.

What I am today is the result of a 21 year waltz between genes and reality. Yes, if I had poor nutrition for example, I would have never been able to grow up to 173 cm even though my genes would have been the same. I would also never have learnt how to swim if I hadn't had access to a swimming pool. Genes give us capacity. But having the capacity to do or be things doesn't necessarily mean that it is innate. A glass that has the capacity to contain orange juice doesn't mean that it contains orange juice. But it will have OJ though if one pours OJ into it.

so...
do you know your genes and what you're truly capable of?

No comments: